ABOUT JAPANESE LANGUAGE
- Japnese Language is actually called ‘NIHONGO’. While most people outside Japan refer to the language as ‘Japanese,’ native speakers actually call it ‘Nihongo.’ This is the same with the name ‘Japan,’ which is referred to as ‘Nihon’ or ‘Nippon’ in the native dialect.
- Japanese is the de facto language of Japan, and it’s also the only place where Japanese is the official language.However, that doesn’t mean Japan is the only place where the language is spoken!
- Japanese isn’t a tonal language.Like all languages, though, Japanese does have a certain rhythm and cadence to its words and sentences.
The best way to learn the unique music of the Japanese language is by listening to authentic speech.
- Japanese is one of the most fast-paced spoken languages in the world.Interestingly enough, Japan has a spoken syllable rate of nearly eight syllables per second. That beats out Spanish, French and Italian.
- Despite popular belief, Japanese has no genetic relation to Chinese.kanji is adopted from Chinese characters and used as a Japanese writing system and Japanese “borrows” quite a few phrases and words from Chinese.However, the Japanese language as a whole, isn’t derived from the same language family as Chinese.
- Japanese is considered one of the most unique languages in the world.
- The Japanese language relies on not one but three different alphabets – hiragana, katakana and kanji – which are differentiated both by their distinct appearances and by their use.
FOUR WRITING SYSTEMS OF JAPANESE LANGUAGE
- Kanji: They are Chinese letters absorbed into the Japanese lingua. It is made up of over 6000 characters, though the average Japanese may just need 2136 for daily life in Japan.
- Hiragana: This is the most original writing. It is made up of 46 cursive characters used to write Japanese syllables. It is also used for verb and adjective inflections and simple words.
- Katakana: For foreign words, names, and loanwords changed to suit the Japanese tongue, e.g., ‘teburu’ (table, ‘aisu’ (ice), and ‘takushi (taxi).
- Romaji: Sometimes, it’s not counted as a writing system.It is a method of writing Japanese in Roman characters.Romaji is commonly used in phrasebooks and when studying Japanese at a beginner level, but actual native material is usually written using the Japanese writing system.
ABOUT JAPANESE LANGUAGE COURSES
N5: Elemantary Level – Duration – 80 hours
N4: Pre-Intermediate Level – Duration – 100 hours
N3: Intermediate Level – Duration – 150 hours
N2: Pre-Advanced Level – Duration – 200 hours
N1: Advanced Level – Duration – 250 hours
TYPES OF TRAINING
- GROUP TRAINING
Group Training is delivered to a group of 8 to 10 students per batch at Elementary Level. Whereas, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate and Advanced classes tend to be smaller with around 6-8 students on average.
The times and dates of the classes are all displayed on upcoming batches page, however our weekday courses are normally scheduled from Monday to Friday and Special Weekend Courses are scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays.
- ONE-TO-ONE TRAINING
One-to-One Training is for learners who require individual tutoring.
Individual training focuses on exact learning needs and can be customised as per the learner’s requirement.
- PRIVATE GROUP TRAINING
Private group training is available for a group of a certain level who wish to study together privately.
- CORPORATE TRAINING
Corporate Training is delivered in companies and corporate houses with specific business needs, schedule, sector and budget for the employees of their organisation.
- You will have access to an ebook of the supporting textbook for the duration of your course.
- Alongwith the ebook, you will also have access to online course material that entails reading passages, grammar and vocabulary lists and audio practice.
- SpokenPro prepares you to write and clear international certificate examination (JLPT) of Japanese Language at all levels.
- The course includes two Assessments which will help to measure your progress and put your knowledge to the test.
- Your trainer will help you enhance your Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking Skills of Japanese language.
- Each Level will help to develop speaking, listening, reading and writing skills while expanding your vocabulary and knowledge of verbs and sentence structure.
- Using a series of reading, speaking & listening activities, asessments and support from your trainer, you will become a confident speaker of Japanese on a variety of subjects.
SpokenPro conducts Special Weekend Batches. Weekdays batches are conducted from Monday to Friday.